If you’re looking for a quick & easy dinner idea that is as comforting as it is delicious, look no further, my friend. This creamy vegan roasted garlic sauce is here to save the day!
This is a super basic, super quick, super simple recipe that is something we use in a variety of ways in our kitchen. We squeeze this creamy vegan roasted garlic sauce over pizzas, spread it on garlic toasts, and – our favorite – smother allllll our pasta dishes with it, like lasagna or just a simple penne / macaroni / whatever you got on hand!
Let me break it down for you.
This creamy vegan roasted garlic sauce…
- requires ZERO nut soaking time (no cashews here!)
- is creamy and comforting yet still light and low in fat, thanks to our friend silken tofu 🙌🏻
- has a killer depth of flavor that will legit make your mouth sing!
Roast your garlic, cook your pasta, throw all the ingredients in a blender (or a Vitamix if ya got it!) on high for a minute or two, pour, stir, and eat. Let’s do this!
Another great thing about this creamy vegan roasted garlic sauce is that it can be made in advance for the busy weeknights ahead. Just heat it up in a pan or (the lazy way we like to use) throw it over just-cooked pasta and eat it ASAP.
Oh, and can we talk about toppings? We’re like kids at an ice cream bar when it comes to toppings here.
This creamy vegan roasted garlic sauce is actually a great opportunity to use any and ALL the veggies you have on hand, which is particularly advantageous when it’s garden season – like right now! Zucchini, fresh herbs, diced tomatoes, peppers of all kinds! We also like adding sun dried tomatoes and sausage-style walnut meat (another easy no-cook recipe).
So, moral of the story, get this creamy vegan roasted garlic sauce on your weekly meal plan ASAP. And when you do, let us know how it went! It totally makes our day when you rate it and leave a comment below or tag us in your gorgeous photos on Instagram! We’re @theplantpowercouple with the ‘the’.
Yield: 5 servings of sauce
Creamy roasted garlic pasta sauce that is completely dairy-free and VEGAN! No cashew-soaking required, just roast your garlic, blend the ingredients, and pour over pasta!
20 minPrep Time:
20 minTotal Time:
- 4 large cloves garlic
- olive oil (for drizzling)
- pinch of salt
- 1 16-oz package silken tofu
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Cheesy Garlic Butter Blend (or sub vegan parmesan or nooch)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- First, roast your garlic: Heat your oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put your garlic on the baking sheet and drizzle it with the oil lightly. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and cook for about 5-7 minutes, flipping once. Be sure to keep an eye on it. You want it to be slightly browned. Usually, when you smell it, it's ready!
- Next, throw all your ingredients in a blender and blend on high until all ingredients are combined. Pour it over just-cooked pasta, top with your favorite veggies, and enjoy!