These Creamy Vegan Pesto Lasagna Rolls with meaty sauteed mushrooms, plant-based pesto sauce, smoky sausage-style walnut meat, and a dreamy dairy-free roasted garlic sauce are the best vegan healthy but decadent dinner for when you REALLY want to impress. This cozy vegetarian lasagna can be made ahead of time and is the perfect baked pasta for date-night-in, paired with a glass of wine and candlelight!
This post contains affiliate links. As Amazon Associates, we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases (at no cost to you). We are also affiliates of wine.com and may earn a commission if you choose to purchase through our links. Click here to read our full policy about affiliate links. Thank you for shopping our affiliate links, as it helps us keep the free vegan recipes coming your way!
This. lasagna. is. everything.
And strangely enough, that first sentence was as far as I got before my computer froze on me last night, prompting me to dig into our last container of vegan ice cream in a fit of technological frustration.
Looking back on that scenario now, I feel my struggles with publishing this post just makes that first sentence even more legit.
These vegan white mushroom lasagna rolls really are everything. Even the internet thinks so.
Hell, even T, the self-proclaimed mushroom-hater, thinks so! 😉
Why We Love These Vegan White Mushroom Lasagna Rolls
I struggle to find words to accurately describe why these vegan white mushroom lasagna rolls are so amazing. (And that’s not just because my mouth is full of lasagna leftovers as I type this.)
- It definitely has something to do with that green pesto, jam-packed with flavor and hidden nutrients.
- That undeniably decadent creamy white sauce, infused with dreamy roasted garlic, that you’d never believe was vegan. (I could eat an entire bowl of it. Someone get me a straw!)
- That smoky sausage-style walnut meat that will completely alter the way you see walnuts. (Former walnut-hater right here!)
- And of course, the star of the show: the MEATIEST sauteed mushrooms.
I say this with great confidence: This is one of THE best things we’ve ever made. It has changed my world, and I think it could do the same for you!
How to Make Creamy Vegan Mushroom Lasagna Rolls
These vegan lasagna rolls are easy to make and the perfect recipe to make with your partner, kids, or friends!
Step 1: Prep the ingredients.
Start by prepping all the ingredients you’ll need: saute the mushrooms, cook the noodles, and use your food processor to whip up the garlic sauce, pesto, and walnut sausage.
Step 2: Assemble the mushroom lasagna rolls.
Spray the lasagna noodles and lie them flat on a clean counter top or large cutting board. Spread a little pesto on each followed by a layer of mushrooms, then vegan garlic sauce, then the sausage-style walnut meat. Top all that with another thin layer of creamy garlic sauce, and we’re ready to roll!
Step 3: Roll and bake the lasagna!
Finally, you’ll roll up your stuffed lasagna noodles, place them in the oiled casserole dish, pour a little more garlic sauce and vegan pesto on top, and bake!
More Vegan Date Night Recipes:
When you try these vegan white mushroom lasagna rolls, we’d love to hear about it!
You can rate the recipe and leave a comment below or tag us in your delicious photos on Instagram. If you’re not already following along, we’re @theplantpowercouple with the “the”.
And if you want to be sure you never miss a Plant Power Couple recipe, don’t forget to sign up for our email list.
Chers, friends. Enjoy!
Yield: 12 lasagna rolls
These Vegan White Mushroom Lasagna Rolls with meaty sauteed mushrooms, flavor-packed pesto, smoky walnut sausage, and a dreamy roasted garlic sauce are the best vegan dinner for when you REALLY want to impress. They can be made ahead of time and are perfect for date-night-in, paired with a glass of wine and candlelight!
40 minPrep Time:
15 minCook Time:
55 minTotal Time:
- 3 cups chopped mushrooms (We used a blend of shiitake and cremini.)
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 batch vegan pesto
- 1 batch sausage-style walnut meat
- 1 batch creamy roasted garlic sauce
- PREP THE INGREDIENTS: First, preheat your oven to 400F and oil a large casserole dish. Prepare the pesto, walnut meat, and roasted garlic sauce. Cook your lasagna noodles as directed on the package. You want them to be just a little underdone, so stick to the lower end of the time range given. Drain them, spray with cold water, and set them aside.
- MAKE THE MUSHROOMS: Next, add the olive oil to a large saute pan and turn the heat to medium low. Add the chopped mushrooms, onion, and salt + pepper and stir to coat everything evenly. Cover the pan, turn the heat to low, and cook for about 10-15 minutes until they’re tender and juicy.
- ASSEMBLE THE LASAGNA ROLLS: Spray the lasagna noodles once more with cold water to prevent sticking and lay them flat on a clean dry surface (like a large cutting board). Spread a thin layer of pesto on each noodle. Top that with a layer of mushrooms, then cream sauce, then walnut meat, and a little more cream sauce. Roll each lasagna noodle carefully from bottom to top and place each in the oiled casserole dish.
- COOK THE LASAGNA ROLLS: Pour the extra cream sauce and pesto on top, cover, and bake for 10 minutes. Then, remove the cover and bake for another 5 minutes.
- EAT UP: Let the lasagna rolls cool a few minutes before serving, and enjoy! Leftovers will keep for up to 5 days stored in an air-tight container in the fridge or 1 month in the freezer.
9 thoughts on “Vegan White Mushroom Lasagna Rolls”