This vegan whipped feta dip recipe with tahini is quick, uncomplicated, incredibly flavorful, and the perfect plant based party appetizer. All you need to make this dairy free cheese dip is a food processor, 10 minutes, and 11 simple dairy free ingredients – like tofu, refined coconut oil, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar!
This post contains affiliate links. As Amazon Associates, we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases (at no cost to you). We are also affiliates of wine.com and may earn a commission if you choose to purchase through our links. Click here to read our full policy about affiliate links. Thank you for shopping our affiliate links, as it helps us keep the free vegan recipes coming your way!
I have this secret board on Pinterest titled, “Food to Veganize”. I started this board about 5 years ago when I first went vegan as a way to prove to myself that I could make a vegan version of any food I wanted. If there’s one thing that inspires me, it’s a good challenge (especially when I get to eat the results), so I found it super helpful in those beginning months of making this new change.
The whole process of finding fun delicious recipes I REALLY wanted to eat and transforming them to be completely, beautifully vegan gave me so much confidence. It’s what really cemented my decision to go vegan (and stay vegan).
One of the most pinned recipes on this “Food to Veganize” board is a “whipped feta dip”. Obviously, I’ve been dying to make this recipe for a long time now. I finally did and today I report with the result!
What’s in whipped vegan feta dip?
You only need 11 simple plant-based ingredients to make this dairy free feta dip:
- Firm tofu – Do not press it.
- Refined coconut oil – Make sure you’re using a refined coconut oil and not virgin coconut oil. This will help you avoid a coconut-flavored dip.
- Tahini – Get something high-quality here. We LOVE Soom tahini which is a local Philly company that’s also women-owned.
- Kalamata olive brine – the liquid from a jar of kalamata olives
- Lemon juice – Fresh or from a bottle
- Apple cider vinegar – Use white vinegar or rice vinegar if you don’t have ACV.
- Fresh garlic – minced
- SPICES: sea salt, ground black pepper, onion powder
- Fresh parsley – optional, for garnish
How to Make Dairy Free Tofu Feta Dip
Okay, let’s talk RECIPE. One of my main priorities in creating this Vegan Tahini Feta Dip recipe was to keep it simple and quick.
I wanted this to be a recipe you could throw together the night before – or even the morning of – a party when you’re running around doing a million things and reaaally don’t have the time to spend hours in the kitchen making that appetizer you promised you’d bring. (Me before every party EVER.)
I’m happy to say this standard was 100% achieved.
Step 1: Blend the tofu and other ingredients.
Just add all the ingredients to your food processor, process it on a low speed for 3-4 minutes, until the mixture turns all shiny and creamy.
Step 2: Chill the tofu feta dip mix.
Then, just let it chill in the fridge for an hour while you do what you gotta do!
10 minutes of active time for a decadent, delicious dip that is going to wow the pants off everyone at the party. It’s creamy dreamy VEGAN magic, my friends.
How to Serve Vegan Feta Tahini Dip
This Vegan Tahini Feta Dip would be amaaazing served as an appetizer for any and all the parties. We always serve this plant based dip with an assortment of veggies and our Air Fryer Pita Chips.
Pro tip: You can even make it this weekend to use as a quick snack or sandwich spread throughout the week. Life is just better when there’s more of this tofu feta dip in it. 🙂
More Vegan Feta Recipes:
If and when you do try this recipe, let us know about it! That really makes our day. You can rate the recipe and leave a comment below or tag us in your feta fabulousness on Instagram. If you’re not already hanging out with us over there, we’re @theplantpowercouple with the “the”.
- 1 (16-oz) block firm tofu (NOT pressed)
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 Tbsp water or vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp kalamata olive brine
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- fresh parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Add all ingredients to your food processor and process on a low speed for about 3-4 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides as needed. The mixture will get really smooth and shiny towards the end which is what we want!
- Transfer this mixture to a bowl or container, cover, and place it in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
- When you're ready, remove the dip from the fridge and sprinkle with some chopped fresh parsley to make it all pretty. Serve with pita chips, cucumbers + other veggies, olives, grapes, etc. And most importantly, enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 537mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and may not always be accurate.