Wtf do vegans even eat on Easter? We have your answer right here in our (actual) Vegan Easter Brunch Menu! It’s a perfect mixture of savories + sweets, of fresh spring tastes + holiday comfort food.
Ever since we went vegan almost 5 years ago, I’ve been secretly (and sometimes not so secretly) dying to take over a full holiday meal for my family. And this Easter is our first chance, so you know we are going all-out!
Today, I thought it would be fun + perhaps helpful to give you a sneak peek at our (actual) Vegan Easter Brunch Menu from start to finish along with some of the make-ahead tips we’re hoping to employ to make this meal not only delicious but 100% do-able (more on that at the bottom of this post).
So, pour yourself a strong cup of coffee + get in the kitchen. Let’s make brunch!
Starting with the important stuff. 🙂
- Champagne + juice: You can keep it simple with just OJ or go full-on mimosa bar! In my family, we tend to go straight for the champagne, and the juice is kind of just there for aesthetic reasons. You do you!
- Coffee / Tea: Served with vegan creamer, sugar, lemon, the works.
While we’re putting the finishing touches on the main meal, we want to have something for people to nosh on with their drinks. We decided to do a full Mediterranean-Style Snack Board with:
- Our vegan feta cheese* and / or tahini feta dip* (recipe for this coming Saturday!) You can also throw some fresh mozzarella* in there if you’re feeling extra fabulous.
- An assortment of olives (YUM) + roasted red peppers
- Pita chips (We make our own pita chips in the air fryer!)
- Hummus (because who doesn’t love hummus?)
- Olive oil w/ freshly cracked black pepper + sun-dried tomatoes with some fresh bread for dipping
- Pineapple Mustard-Glazed Seitan Ham*: The star of the show! Of course, you can go with a store-bought seitan roast here; both Tofurkey + Field Roast brands make great seitan hams. But, we’re pretty obsessed with this homemade recipe + it’s easier than you think!
- Dairy-Free Au Gratin Potatoes*: This is a veganized version of the recipe my mom has been making for what feels like my whole life. The fam has even said this tastes better than the original.
- Simple Vegan Quiche En Croute*: IS IT EVEN BRUNCH WITHOUT QUICHE?! Not in our book. This one is flavorful + comforting + uses pre-made puff pastry for the crust making it 100x easier for you AND 100x more exciting for everyone eating it!
- Easy Roasted Potatoes: At first, I thought two potato dishes may be a little absurd, but T brought up a great point: The au gratin taters are for the people eating more ham than quiche, and the roasted taters are for the people eating more quiche than ham. Brilliant. Plus, who doesn’t love roasted potatoes?
- To round it out, we’ll serve some rolls with vegan butter (I dig the Earth Balance Buttery Sticks for this scenario) + a big vegan Caesar salad.
- 2-Ingredient Cherry Turnovers: Easy but fancy + perfect for brunch! Plus, everyone will gasp over the fact that you made your own turnovers.
- Cream Cheese-Stuffed Banana Bread*: My dad’s favorite! Banana bread is always a hit, and the cream cheese filling takes it to a whoooole other level.
- Berries with vegan whipped cream: Easy, beautiful, and delicious! This is a great addition that requires very little work on your part.
Make-Ahead Hacks: Everything with an (*) next to it can be made a day or two ahead of time, stored in the fridge or freezer, and simply reheated for the big day! Check the storing suggestions on each recipe for specific instructions. We plan on making most of these on Friday.
And there you have it: Our (Actual) Vegan Easter Brunch Menu! We’d love to know if you made any or all of the recipes in this post and what you / your fam thought of them. Also, tell us what’s on your vegan Easter brunch menu! You can leave a comment below; we’re always looking for fun new ideas to shake things up!
We’ll post our family’s reactions on our IG Stories this Sunday and would love to see yours too! Be sure to tag us in your delicious creations, so we can cheer you on. If you’re not already following along with us on IG, we’re @theplantpowercouple with the “the”.
Enjoy, and happy Easter, friends! We hope you have a deliciously kickass weekend and will talk to you again soon. 🙂