Wanna make a kickass vegan cannoli without all the fuss of making your own shells? Well, friend, we are happy to report your pastry prayers have been answered in the form of these amazing and super simple Vegan Cannoli Cones!
Let me start out by saying this was originally going to be an ice cream recipe.
Needless to say, the ice cream recipe was a bust, but what we did notice about one particular batch of “failed” ice cream was that it was a dead-on match for cannoli filling. 😍
But of course, not wanting to go through the mess of figuring out how to make homemade cannoli shells or take another trip to the grocery store, we had a thought…
Ice cream cones kinda taste like baked cannoli shells, right?
When we searched for this seductive combination on Pinterest, we learned that we were not the first to have this thought. In fact, the cannoli cone has already become something of a Pinterest miracle, but we hadn’t yet seen one made vegan.
And thus, out of complete and total necessity this recipe for vegan cannoli cones was born. 😁
These vegan cannoli cones would be so perfect for a birthday party or any kind of event, really. You could even set up a little cannoli cone bar with various toppings like chocolate chips, cookie crumbles, strawberries…HOW COOL DOES THAT SOUND?!
Okay, maybe my definition of cool is a little skewed 😅, but still…that would be one awesome party in my book.
The one great thing about these vegan cannoli cones (besides how awesome they taste) is they’re SO easy to make. It’s another one of those scenarios where you really only have to know how to use a blender / food processor in order to make this recipe. And maybe a spoon; the fancy-pants piping is 100% optional. 😉
But if you DO wanna get fancy with the piping, we highly recommend stocking your kitchen with a cake decorating kit like this. We are just starting to experiment with ours, and if this recipe is any indication, we will be using it a LOT!
Seven of the eight ingredients in this recipe for vegan cannoli cones are easy to find items you probably already have in your kitchen right now, but there is one special *magic* ingredient if you will, the ingredient that adds all that luscious white chocolate flavor, luxurious texture, and also allows these vegan cannoli cones to hold their beautiful shape out of the fridge / freezer for several hours. And that ingredient, my friends, is cocoa butter. 😍 😍
Cocoa butter, for those of you who don’t yet know, is the fat extracted from the cocoa bean. It’s used to make everything from chocolate (HELLO, WE LOVE YOU ALREADY) to moisturizing skin and hair care products. You may not find this stuff at your local grocery store, but it’s incredibly easy to purchase on Amazon: We went with the 1-pound bag of this brand here.
One pound is actually a lot more cocoa butter than I realized, but that’s okay. I’ve been finding new uses for it every day. Some of which are sure to make their way to this blog over the next few months, so if you decide to order some of this magical stuff, we will definitely not leave you high and dry without recipes for long!
Or, you can just feel free to make these vegan cannoli cones over and over and over. 😋
Watch us make these Vegan Cannoli Cones in under 60 seconds!
So, the next time you’re throwing a party, shower, or, hell, even on a random Thursday night when the week’s been rough and the cannoli cravings hit you hard, give this vegan cannoli cones recipe a try! And when you do, let us know about it! Tag us in all your adorable vegan cannoli cones photos on Instagram (we’re @theplantpowercouple, with the ‘the’) or Facebook (just Plant Power Couple there).
We cannot wait to see what you come up with!
Other Vegan Dessert Crowd-Pleasers:
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies
- Vegan Peppermint Patties with Almond Baileys
- Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Fudge Frosting
Yield: 8 -10 cannoli cones
8-Ingredient Vegan White Chocolate Cannoli Cones that will ROCK your next party or, hell, even a plain ol' Thursday night! These bad boys are so much easier to make than a traditional cannoli but still have all of that incredible creamy / crunchy texture and flavor combo that will make your heart do jumping jacks...seriously.
20 minPrep Time:
40 minCook Time:
1 hrTotal Time:
5 based on 2 review(s)
- 1 16-oz package firm tofu
- 1/3 cup cocoa butter , melted in the microwave or carefully on the stove
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil, also melted
- 1/2 cup organic white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 8-10 ice cream cones (check ingredients to ensure vegan friendliness)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp refined coconut oil
- First, melt and measure out your cocoa butter and coconut oil, one at a time. We did this by heating each in a small pan on low heat, stirring until almost completely melted. Then, remove them from heat and stir until completely melted. Now, you can measure them out. You can alternatively use a microwave, just be sure you are at a low heat and stopping often to stir.
- Next, add all filling ingredients (excluding the chocolate chips) to your food processor and blend on high, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed, for about 2-3 minutes or until the oils have emulsified and a thick, luscious texture is achieved.
- Now, you'll add half of this mixture to a pastry bag and the other half to a freezer-safe container. Stir 2 Tbsp of the chocolate chips into the mixture in the freezer container and place both in the freezer for 30 - 45 minutes to set. If you don't have / aren't comfortable with pastry bags, feel free to skip this step and put all the filling into the freezer container.
- While your filling sets, prepare your cones (optional): In a small saucepan, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Cook on a very low setting, stirring constantly until the mixture is almost completely melted. Then, take it off the heat and stir until completely melted. Dip the top of each cone into the melted chocolate and set aside. Then, fill each cone with a small drizzle of chocolate. We used shot glasses to keep the cones upright, but any glass / dish will work. Place the cones in the freezer until the filling is ready.
- When the filling has set, spoon it into the cones until completely filled. Then, pipe on some filling in a circular motion, creating ice cream cone like peaks. Sprinkle with the remainder of the chocolate chips and ENJOY!
These vegan cannoli cones are best when eaten immediately. We suggest storing the filling in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to a week.