These vegan cinnamon roll pancakes are a deliciously indulgent dairy-free breakfast! Imagine this: Fluffy pancakes with a coconut sugar + cinnamon swirl, topped with a decadent cream cheese frosting. These vegan pancakes are the perfect recipe for your next holiday breakfast or Sunday brunch!
Is it a cinnamon roll?! Is it a pancake?!
No, my friend. It’s better.
It’s the CINNAMON. ROLL. PANCAKE.
And btw, it’s vegan AF.
Cinnamon roll pancakes are nothing new to the interwebs. We’ve seen several recipes on Pinterest, and a while ago our good friend Kerri tagged us in this video from Tip Hero challenging us to veganize it!
Actually, we weren’t the only ones she challenged.
Kerri was so determined to have her cinnamon roll pancakes, her quest convinced more than one local breakfast spot here in Philly to add these pancakes to their brunch menu that weekend.
We Philly vegans LOVE a good challenge, and that’s something I really love about us!
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
To make this recipe as easy as possible, we used pre-made pancake mix to make the batter. You’re already doing some fancy work with the cinnamon swirl; we can afford to cut a few corners here. 😉
We found a lot of the regular pancake mixes at our neighborhood grocery store were “accidentally” vegan, but always read the ingredients.
Once your batter is made, you’ll scoop 1/2 cup of it onto a well oiled skillet, swirl in your cinnamon filling with either a piping bag or a makeshift ziplock (more instructions on that below), cook ’em, flip ’em, and repeat.
The recipe below makes about 10-12 cinnamon roll pancakes, so there should be enough for the whole fam. Serve them hot with a decadent schmear (or get fancy with more piping) of dairy-free cream cheese frosting.
Side Note: If you think these pancakes might be SPECTACULAR sprinkled with a hint of Coconut Bac’n Salt, you are SO CORRECT.
More Indulgent Vegan Breakfast Recipes
These cinnamon roll pancakes are a MUST-TRY for your next decadent brunch occasion, and they are SURE to impress all your brunch buddies. My mom is a particularly big fan of these pancakes and now asks for them every Mothers’ Day!
When you make these vegan cinnamon roll pancakes, LET US KNOW! That always makes our day. 🙂
You can rate the recipe and leave a comment below or tag us in your pancake photos on Instagram. If you’re not already following along, we’re @theplantpowercouple with the “the”.
And if you want to be sure you never miss a Plant Power Couple recipe, don’t forget to sign up for our email list.
Cheers to the yummy vegan brunches ahead!
Yield: 10-12 pancakes
Serving Size: 2 pancakes0
These vegan cinnamon roll pancakes are a deliciously indulgent dairy-free breakfast! They are fluffy pancakes with a coconut sugar + cinnamon swirl, topped with a decadent cream cheese frosting. These vegan pancakes are the perfect recipe for your next holiday breakfast or Sunday brunch!
20 minPrep Time:
30 minCook Time:
50 minTotal Time:
- 6 Tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups pancake mix (check ingredients to ensure vegan friendliness)
- 1.5 cup plain non-dairy milk
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 5 Tbsp cold water)
- 1 1/4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 2 oz. vegan cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp plain non-dairy milk
- Mix your flax eggs in a small bowl and set them aside to thicken.
- MAKE THE CINNAMON FILLING: Combine all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Transfer ingredients to a zip-lock bag and place it in the fridge to chill. If you have piping bags, feel free to use these instead.
- MAKE THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl with a hand or stand mixer. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve!
- MAKE THE PANCAKES: In a large bowl, mix all the pancake ingredients using a whisk until no clumps remain. Heat a large skillet on medium-low heat and add a few tsp of refined coconut oil or sunflower oil. When the skillet is hot, carefully pour 1/2 cup of the batter onto it and use your spatula to gently spread it out.
- ADD THE CINNAMON SWIRL: Remove the cinnamon filling from the fridge and squeeze the mixture into one bottom corner of the bag. Use scissors to carefully cut the tip of the corner, creating your own makeshift piping bag. Squeeze the cinnamon filling onto the cooking pancake in a swirl pattern, starting in the middle and going outward, being careful not to get too close to the edge.
- FINISH THE PANCAKES: Cook on medium-low until bubbles appear in the middle of the pancake and the edges get a little dry. Use your spatula to carefully flip the pancake. Allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes. Wipe your skillet and repeat this process with another 1/2 cup of batter. You should have around 10-12 large pancakes total.
- Serve the pancakes warm with a hefty drizzle or schmear of the cream cheese frosting and enjoy the hell out of it! Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 6 weeks. If freezing, be sure to place a piece of parchment between each pancake, so they don’t stick together.