These walnut sausage and stuffing balls are the perfect Thanksgiving or holiday appetizer. They’re full of holiday flavor, easily frozen, and a great way to use up leftover stuffing! This fun plant-based snack is also one of our favorite ways to use our sausage-style walnut meat.
This post contains affiliate links. As Amazon Associates, we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases (at no cost to you). Click here to read our full policy about affiliate links. Thank you for shopping our affiliate links, as it helps support our business and keep the yummy recipes coming your way!
These vegan stuffing balls with walnut sausage – or, as I more fondly like to call them, THANKSGIVING FLAVOR BOMBS – are going to seriously up-level your holiday food game this season in a simple yet undeniably delicious and (of course) vegan AF way.
I wish words were enough to describe my feelings towards this recipe, but you’re gonna have to trust me on this one: You’re gonna wanna try this ASAP. Only then can you understand the awesome-ness.
Whether you’re looking for a perfect holiday appetizer, seasonal out-of-the-fridge-and-into-your-mouth snack situation, or just need something fun and delicious to do with all that leftover stuffing, this, my dear food-loving friend, is the recipe for you.
Let’s talk walnut meat.
Have you made your own walnut meat before?
If not, oh. my. goodness. You are in for a treat!
And here’s the thing…I don’t even really like walnuts in their natural/raw form. But turn them into animal-free MEAT for things like pizza, lasagna, hearty dips, or these vegan stuffing balls? Yes. I’m on board.
Once you have your walnut meat ready to go, all you have to do is mix it with the leftover stuffing, flax eggs, and chopped apples, form them into balls, bake ’em, and eat! BOOM – vegan stuffing balls, ready to serve. Easy Peasy. 🙌🏻
How to Serve Vegan Stuffing Balls
Oh, and side-note: You’ll definitely want to dunk these suckers in some gravy or cranberry sauce. Dunkable holiday apps > not dunkable holiday apps always. 😋
We also LOVE these Walnut Sausage and Stuffing Balls served bowl-style with mashed taters. Talk about serious seasonal comfort food! Ahh! Just typing this is making me want to dig into leftovers right meow.
More Vegan Holiday Recipes:
If you make these Walnut Sausage and Stuffing Balls, let us know! We really love when you do that. 😍 Rate the recipe and leave a comment below or tag us in your tasty photos on Instagram. We’re @theplantpowercouple with the “the”. 😉
Enjoy, and happy Thanksgiving!
Yield: 20 balls
Serving Size: 2 balls848
These walnut sausage and stuffing balls are the perfect Thanksgiving or holiday appetizer. They're full of flavor, easily frozen, and a great way to use up leftover stuffing!
15 minPrep Time:
25 minCook Time:
40 minTotal Time:
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 1/4 cup diced apples
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 5 Tbsp cold water)
- 1 batch sausage-style walnut meat
- First, mix your flax eggs in a small bowl and set them aside. You'll also want to check your stuffing. If it's still pretty wet (which can happen with leftover stuffing), dry it out in the oven a bit before you mix it with the remaining ingredients.
- When your flax eggs are made and the stuffing is dried, add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir until well-combined.
- Preheat your oven to 375F and grease a large baking sheet, or line it with parchment paper.
- Use your hands or a melon baller to form the mixture into balls, just a bit smaller than a ping pong ball. Make sure you squeeze each ball tightly to help it bind together. Place each on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, stopping halfway through to gently flip them.
- Serve the balls with little toothpicks and a side of gravy or cranberry sauce for dipping. You can also serve them in a bowl with mashed taters. Enjoy!