You are absolutely going to love our simple vegan ranch seasoning recipe made without buttermilk powder! Shake this dairy free ranch substitute on popcorn or baked potatoes, turn the dry mix into a homemade dressing for a salad or wrap, or make a healthy dip for all your favorite veggies or chips. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make with fairly simple ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links. As Amazon Associates, we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases (at no cost to you). Click here to read our full policy about affiliate links. Thank you for shopping our affiliate links, as it helps us keep the free vegan recipes coming your way!
You know that dry ranch seasoning that came in a packet your mom always had sitting in the cabinet? Well, now you can make your own at home!
It’s quick and easy to make and has that nostalgic ranch taste we all know and love without any of the dairy. If you’re a lover of all things ranch, you’ve gotta try this vegan ranch seasoning recipe!
Why We Love This Dairy Free Ranch Mix
- It’s so versatile! Obviously, you can use it as-is in a seasoning capacity. But we’ve also included instructions for using it as a dry mix to make vegan ranch dressing or dip!
- The flavor is on-point, but it uses less expensive and more accessible ingredients than other recipes I’ve seen. For example, we swapped lemon pepper seasoning for the buttermilk powder and dehydrated onions for the dried chives! There is one somewhat different ingredient, but we’ve included a sub for that too.
- Having a pantry-friendly dry mix on hand makes it easy to meal prep a fresh batch of vegan ranch dressing every week for veggie dipping!
Plant Based Ranch Powder Ingredients
- Cashew milk powder – We like the cashew milk powder from Native Forest, and it’s easy to order online! This will give you the most realistic result, but we’ve included instructions for a version made with roasted cashews just in case you can’t find it!
- Lemon pepper seasoning – Apple Cider Vinegar powder can also be used. This is harder to find, but we’d suggest ordering from the brand Modernist Pantry.
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Onion powder
- Dehydrated minced onion – We used dehydrated minced onions because they’re easy to find in your local grocery store. You can also use dehydrated chives!
- Garlic powder
- Dried dill
- Dried parsley
How to Make Homemade Vegan Ranch Seasoning
If you’re using roasted cashews, first add them to a small food processor. Pulse 10-12 times or until the cashews are a finely-ground powder. Skip this step if you’re using cashew milk powder and just add it to the food processor with the rest of the ingredients in the next step.
Next, combine the spices: Then, you’ll add the remainder of the ingredients to the small food processor and pulse another 10-12 times or until all the ingredients are combined and the texture is a fine powder.
How to Use Our Healthy Ranch Spice Mix
AS A DRESSING: Whisk 2 Tbsp ranch seasoning + 1/2 cup vegan mayo + 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar + 1/3 cup plain unsweetened non-dairy milk. We love this dressing used in our Vegan Chickpea Bacon Ranch Wraps!
PLANT BASED MILK NOTE: When making the dressing/dips, make sure you’re using a neutral-tasting plant milk that is both plain AND unsweetened. This is a big factor in the overall taste of your dressing/dip. Brands we suggest: Any of the unsweetened milks from Elmhurst (cashew/almond/oat – all work!), Chobani Zero Sugar Plain Oatmilk, or Califia unsweetened plain almond milk.
How to Store Homemade Ranch Powder
If you’re using roasted cashews rather than cashew milk powder, you may want to refrigerate the seasoning to keep it fresh.
FOR THE DRESSING/DIP: Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to a week.
More Vegan Seasoning Recipes
- Vegan Chicken Bouillon Powder
- Copycat Red Robin Seasoning
- Homemade Chili Seasoning
- Vegan Cheesy Garlic Seasoning
When you make this vegan ranch mix, we’d love to hear all about your experience! Please rate the recipe and leave a review below. It helps more people find it!
And if you’re on IG, don’t forget to tag @theplantpowercouple in your tasty vegan food photos, so we can cheer you on!
- IF USING FRESH CASHEWS: Add them to a small food processor first. Pulse 10-12 times or until the cashews are a finely-ground powder. Skip this step if you’re using cashew milk powder and just add it to the food processor with the rest of the ingredients in the next step.
- COMBINE THE SPICES: Add the remainder of the ingredients to your small food processor and pulse another 10-12 times or until all the ingredients are combined and the texture is a fine powder.
- TO STORE SEASONING: Transfer the spice blend from your food processor to a mason jar or other air-tight container (like an old spice jar) and store with the rest of your spices in the cabinet.
- TO MAKE DRESSING: Whisk 2 Tbsp ranch seasoning + 1/2 cup vegan mayo + 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar + 1/3 cup plain unsweetened non-dairy milk*. Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to a week.
- TO MAKE DIP: Whisk 1/4 cup seasoning + 1 cup vegan sour cream or mayo + 1/8 tsp apple cider vinegar + 2 Tbsp plain unsweetened non-dairy milk*. Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to a week.
*When making the dressing/dips, make sure you’re using a neutral-tasting plant milk that is both plain AND unsweetened. This is a big factor in the overall taste of your dressing/dip. Brands we suggest: Chobani Zero Sugar Plain Oatmilk, any of the unsweetened milks from Elmhurst (cashew/almond/oat - all work!), or Califia unsweetened plain almond milk.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 22Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1392mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and may not always be accurate.