Hey there and happy FRIDAY!!! Woo!
What do you guys have planned for this weekend? A little fun; a little relaxation? A little wine, perhaps? Sounds like we’re on the same page, my friend. And in that case, allow me to share with you one of our favorite, indulgent, stick-to-your-ribs, hangover-curing breakfasts: biscuits and gravy…
This meal is SO hearty and soul-warming.
And whilst the majority of my partying days are long gone and now replaced with evenings snuggling with the four cutest cats in the world – wine glass in hand and T by my side of course – I’d say this meal is definitely enough to soak up whatever questionable decisions you may have made the night before.
So, go add this recipe to your weekend schedule! If you’d like to make it a little easier on yourself in the morning, we suggest making the biscuits the night before. The gravy comes together rather quickly though…and deliciously, I might add.
And HEY! Did you know this is one of the recipes included in our FREE Steamy Kitchen Challenge e-book? If you haven’t grabbed that yet, be sure to do so! It includes some amazing recipes like homemade vegan Reese’s cups, Southwest tofu scramble, and peanut butter cheesecake ice cream. Yea, you’re gonna wanna get your hands on that. 😉
Click here to download that – FREE.
No matter what’s on your plans or your plate this weekend, we want you to know how absolutely awesome you are. Thanks for being here; thanks for being vegan (and if you’re not yet vegan and need help with the transition, let us know!).
We’ll see you soon, Plant Power People!
- 2 Tbsp sunflower or coconut oil
- 1/2 block extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 tsp ground fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp soy sauce (or Bragg's liquid aminos)
- 3 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- We suggest using our pesto potato biscuits .
- Drain tofu.
- If you are not using leftover biscuits, get them started now. Start the gravy when you put the biscuits in the oven.
- Heat a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat and add 2 Tbsp oil.
- Use your hands to crumble the tofu onto the pan and sauté for 5 minutes, making sure the tofu is very well coated in the oil.
- Add the garlic and onion. Sauté for 7 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and stir in 2 Tbsp of the flour, making sure it fully coats the other ingredients. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the vegetable broth, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Check consistency. If the gravy is too thin, whisk in the extra Tbsp of flour. If gravy is too thick, whisk in another 1/4 or so of vegetable broth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
- Serve over the pesto potato biscuits and enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Biscuits and Tofu Sausage Gravy (Vegan)”