I love this salad!! Seriously… love it! I had only ever had it once many years ago (at a BBQ in Colorado) and wanted to try to replicate it so much! I think I have exceeded my expectations. The addition of the quinoa REALLY adds something to the whole dish and brings it to another level.
This is great as a side to a fantastic tasting, grilled Gardein Beefless Burger OR as a main dish on a hot day. I sometimes like to add the quinoa and bean salad together over a bed of shredded spinach and add another squeeze of lime juice and a touch more cilantro.
However you try it, we hope you love it. (And it’s as healthy as it is delicious!!)
- ½ cup each Black Beans, Red Kidney Beans, White Navy Beans
- 1 cup Corn (roasted or not)
- 1 large Tomato – diced
- 1 small Red Onion – dice or julienne (or ½ large)
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper – diced or julienne (Green pepper works in a pinch)
- 2 large cloves Garlic – finely minced
- Juice of ½ lemon or lime
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- ½ Tbspn Cumin
- ½ tspn Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric
- ¼ tspn Cayenne or Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and mix well (fold ingredients as to not break beans too much).
- Allow salad to sit in the fridge - covered - for at least an hour or overnight for optimal flavor. Serve with ½ cup quinoa (or brown/yellow rice).