It’s our final day! The end is near! Today is Day 5 of our Love Your Vegan Life Mini Challenge, so you KNOW we have to go out with a bang. 😉
Copycat Chipotle Sofritas Burritos outta do the trick, eh?
If you’ve been vegan for any length of time, you most likely know alllll about Chipotle’s sofritas. Did you also know how easily they can be made at home?! It’s just about as easy as throwing together a tofu scramble on a lazy Sunday morning and oh so worth it.
And once the sofritas are done, you can pile on all your favorite burrito toppings: avocado (no extra charge!), sauteed peppers and onions, brown rice or quinoa, black beans AND pinto beans?! Yes, please. All of it. Round it off with a whole wheat or corn tortilla (YAY for whole grain servings!), and you have yourself one damn delicious dinner.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag it #LYVLchallenge, so we can continue to cheer each other on! We hope the recipes this week helped you get enthusiastic and inspired about dinner again; they definitely have for us! Thank you SO much for being here and for constantly seeking to better yourself. We need more people in the world like you guys! Have a GREAT weekend; get out there and spread the vegan love (perhaps in the form of burritos!). I’m sure we’ll see you very soon. 🙂
- 1/2 block pressed extra-firm tofu
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Sriracha (or other quality hot sauce)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- Dice pressed tofu into smaller cubes and set aside in a Tupperware container or baggie
- Place all dry marinade ingredients in a small bowl or a jar
- Add soy, hot sauce, and water
- Shake or mix well
- Pour marinade mixture over tofu
- Close lid, shake well, and let set for about 30 minutes, shaking occasionally to mix things up
- When ready, pour marinated tofu into a heated saute pan and cook, breaking up into smaller pieces as you go, until desired consistency: depends if you like squishy or dry tofu