Vegan Peach Sherbet, anyone?
Summertime is, admittedly, not my favorite season.
*gasp* I know. 😕
I’m definitely more of a Spring/Fall kinda person. This probably explains our recent trip to the great country of Norway – I LOVE me a Scandinavian summer. 😍 🇳🇴
But all those things aside, there are a few things I do genuinely love about this season.
At the top of that list?
I could eat peaches. For. Days.
My love for this fruit knows no bounds. I eat one every day with my breakfast during this season.
Even T is shocked to see how protective I am of this fruit. Typically, he goes through fruit in this house much faster than I, but peaches?
I fear for him if he were to ever take that glorious last peach from the fridge because I get hangry reeeeeaaaal quick if my morning peach is threatened. 😂😳
Anyway, since I love this fruit so much, I rarely do anything with them other than stuff them into my mouth raw!
But vegan peach sherbet?
Once I got the idea into my head during a midnight Pinterest binge, I HAD to have it.
Vegan peach sherbet. Yeaaa…I think I could get on board with that.
And this recipe is pretty damn easy – using only 2 ingredients for the sherbet and 3 for the whipped cream. Simple, healthy, delicious.
Though I really dig peaches on the firmer side, you’re going to want super ripe ones for this recipe.
Vegan sweetened condensed milk (the second ingredient in this sherbet) is rather easy to find online if you don’t want to make it yourself, but it’s really as easy as:
heating non-dairy milk in a pot,
stirring in some sugar,
and letting it cook down on suuuuper low heat for about an hour.
Pretty low-maintenance as far as homemade staples go!
I don’t even…
Maybe I just need to let emojis express my emotions on this one:
If you have any sweetened condensed milk left over after this recipe, go make that cake. Make it and fall in LOVE with it. I sure did.
But I digress…again…it’s kinda my thing.
If you make this peach sherbet with raspberry whipped cream, I WANNA KNOW!
Tell us alllll about your delicious experience.
That’s really the best part of creating these recipes – getting to experience them through the eyes of all of you! 💚
Wanna make this vegan peach sherbet LIVE with us?!
Set your alarms for 12PM ET this Friday, August 11th as we go live on the Plant Power Couple FB page!
This would even be a great recipe to make along with us. Just grab all the ingredients and meet us in the *virtual* kitchen this Saturday 8/5 at 10AM ET…you know, if dessert for breakfast is your thing! 😊
- 3 medium peaches (peeled, sliced, and frozen)
- 7 fluid oz. vegan sweetened condensed milk
- 1.5 cups unsweetened plain soy milk
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- the liquid from 1 can of chickpeas (aquafaba)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup organic powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp pureed raspberries
- If you have't already, peel, slice, and freeze your peaches (for at least 2 hours).
- Make your sweetened condensed milk: In a small saucepan, bring the soy milk to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add your sugar, stirring until all the sugar granules dissolve. Reduce heat to low and allow the mixture to cook down for about 60 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the bottom from burning.
- Next, make the whipped cream: Place a large mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes. Remove the bowl and add the chickpea liquid (aquafaba) to it. Use a hand or stand mixer to whip the aquafaba on a high speed for 10-15 minutes. Then, slowly whip in the powdered sugar followed by the raspberry puree. Taste and adjust as needed; you may want to add more sugar if you have a mega sweet tooth. 😉
- When the sweetened condensed milk is ready, allow it to cool completely. Then, add it to your food processor along with the frozen peaches. Blend until smooth.
- Place a few scoops of peach sherbet in a bowl and top with raspberry whipped cream. Enjoy!