If you’re looking for a killer holiday party appetizer, football snack, or just a fun indulgence on a rainy Friday night to accompany your Netflix binge, settle in, sister. This Grilled Cheese Pull-Apart Bread with Tomato Garlic Butter is the recipe for you!
Pull-apart bread is definitely not a new concept. You’ve probably seen it all over sites like Buzzfeed, Bosh, and Pinterest. This is where I first encountered its glory and knew I had to create a vegan version because…you know, why not?!
This recipe is so easy (and fun!) to make. The most difficult part is cutting the bread; that was a real fear of mine going into this. It couldn’t be as easy as it looked on the videos! Well, I’m happy to report it is in fact rather easy. Just take your time and be sure to use a nice sturdy loaf of bread and a sharp knife.
After the bread is cut, the rest comes together quickly: Just sautee all the butter ingredients, drizzle it allllllll over that bread, and stuff it with vegan cheddar shreds. We found great results by shredding the Daiya cheddar block. Love that stuff and their new recipe!
I think this would be a great appetizer for a holiday gathering. It would also be fun to make with kids or a group of friends. It’s kind of like a craft project you get to eat at the end!
Let’s make Vegan Grilled Cheese Pull-Apart Bread in UNDER 60 seconds!
If you make this Vegan Grilled Cheese Pull-Apart Bread, let us know! Tag us in your kickass photos on Instagram (we’re @theplantpowercouple, with the ‘the’) or Facebook (just Plant Power Couple there).
- 1 large loaf of bread
- 1 cheddar-style Daiya block, shredded (or sub any vegan cheddar shreds)
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 tsp ground rosemary and/or thyme
- 1 Tbsp diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Cheesy Garlic Butter Blend (or sub 1.5 tsp nutritional yeast + 1.5 tsp garlic powder)
- Preheat your oven to 425F and get a large sheet of tin foil ready.
- Next, cut your bread: Starting at one end, slice your bread diagonally in 1-inch increments until you reach the end of the loaf. Then, make the same slices on the other diagonal. Check out the video above for a better look at what this entails. In the end, you want to have your bread sliced into a bunch of 1-inch squares.
- Next, make the tomato garlic butter: Put all the butter ingredients in a sauce pan on medium heat. Stir until butter melts and allow all ingredients to simmer on low for 2-3 minutes.
- Time to assemble: Brush every inch of the bread with the tomato garlic butter making sure to get between each of the squares as well as the outsides. Then, stuff the vegan cheddar shreds as evenly as possible between each square.
- When the loaf is brushed and stuffed, wrap it completely in your tin foil and place it on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, and wait until it cools a bit before attempting to free it from its foil-y prison. I know this part can be tough, but that stuff gets hot!