A rich, creamy soup you can make in the blender and have on the table in under 30 minutes from start to finish? Introducing: Creamy Spinach Blender Soup.
Yes, yes, and more YES. 🎉🍾
Welcome to your new favorite way to get your greens in while still feeling like you’re indulging in some seriously killer comfort food.
This creamy spinach blender soup is such a great weeknight meal, as evidenced by our dinner record as of late. I swear we’ve made this soup at least 5 times in the last 2 weeks. Not only is it that good, but it’s also that easy.
All you do is boil a small potato, some red lentils, and cashews. Then, add them to your Vitamix along with some spinach, veg broth, and spices, and blend ’til smooth and creamy.
Voila! Dinner is served. 😍
We highly suggest making this soup in a Vitamix or other high-powered blender or food processor. We used and loooove this one. It blends the cashews so perfectly.
If you don’t have a high powered blender though, fret not! You can easily sub silken tofu for the cashews which will be easier to blend. I gotchu!
And to make matters more awesome, this Creamy Spinach Blender Soup is soooo damn filling. It would work well as a quick lunch to power you through the rest of your day.
If you want to get extra hearty, try adding a couple spoonfuls of cooked quinoa to your bowl. Gosh, I love creamy soups with quinoa mixed in. It’s a sickness…or just a really brilliant idea; I haven’t decided which just yet. 😂
Oh! And did I mention this Creamy Spinach Blender Soup is also oil-free and gluten-free?! Plus, it’s packed with protein amongst all the other feel-good nutrients a nice big serving of greens provides. But it tastes so GOOD you’ll think you’re eating a soup made with heavy cream and cheese.
It’s magic; I swear! And you know how picky I am with healthy food. 😂
This soup has forever changed me.
Other Yummy Ways to Get your Greens
- Avocado Pesto Barley Risotto
- Easy Homemade Ravioli with Spinach Ricotta
- Creamy Chickpea Mash with Spinach
Serving Size: 1 serving
Make this easy Creamy Spinach Soup for a perfect comfort food dinner on a lazy weeknight. You'd never guess it's vegan and full of nutrients!
10 minPrep Time:
20 minCook Time:
30 minTotal Time:
- 4-6 Tbsp veggie bouillon + 6 cups water (or sub veg broth)
- 2 small potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 cup dry red lentils
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 tsp white miso paste
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1-2 pinches red pepper flakes (optional, for some added heat)
- Fill a large sauce pan with 6 cups water and get it boiling. Once it's boiling, stir in your veggie bouillon until dissolved.
- Peel and dice your potatoes. Add them to the boiling water with your lentils and cashews. Turn heat to medium, cover, and cook 15-20 minutes.
- Empty the contents of your sauce pan (including the cooking water) to a high-speed blender or food processor along with the remainder of ingredients. Blend on high until the soup reaches a thick and creamy consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Serve this soup with some added red pepper sprinkled on top and enjoy!
Because you're using cashews, you'll want to use a good blender or food processor for this. We love our Vitamix . If you don't have a high-powered blender, you may want to try subbing silken tofu for the cashews as this will be much easier to blend!