Is it a cinnamon roll?! Is it a pancake?!
No, my friend. It’s better.
It’s the CINNAMON. ROLL. PANCAKE.
And btw, it’s vegan AF.
Cinnamon roll pancakes are nothing new to the interwebs. Several recipes have been floating around, and a a week ago our good friend Kerri tagged us in this video from Tip Hero challenging us to veganize it!
Actually, we weren’t the only ones she challenged. Kerri was so determined to have her cinnamon roll pancakes, her quest convinced The Tasty – a great and now all-vegan diner in Philly – to add these pancakes to their weekend brunch menu. And her pancake tour didn’t stop there: Susan from Grubhouse also made a special batch of these pancakes JUST for her. We Philly vegans LOVE a good challenge, and that’s something I really love about us!
These cinnamon roll pancakes are a MUST-TRY for your next decadent brunch occasion, and they are SURE to impress even the most picky of brunch buddies.
To make this recipe as easy as possible, we used pre-made pancake mix, but you can use homemade too! You just scoop 1/2 cup of the batter onto a well oiled skillet, swirl in your cinnamon filling, cook ’em, flip ’em, and drizzle ’em with a hefty amount of dairy-free cream cheese frosting.
Oh, and if you think these pancakes might be SPECTACULAR sprinkled with a hint of Coconut Bac’n Salt, you would be SO CORRECT.
If you want to get a closer look at how we make these pancakes, join us on our Facebook page tomorrow at 5PM ET as we make these LIVE! You can hang out, ask your questions, and master the art of cinnamon-roll-pancake-making all from the comfort of your jammies, glass of wine in hand. 🙂
Cheers to yummy vegan brunch!!
Serving Size: 1 - 2 pancakes
20 minPrep Time:
20 minCook Time:
40 minTotal Time:
- 6 Tbsp Earth Balance, melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups your favorite pancake mix
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp ground flax + 5 Tbsp cold water)
- 1 1/4 cup Earth Balance
- 2 oz. Tofutti cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp non-dairy milk
- First, make your flax egg and set aside.
- To make your cinnamon filling, combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Transfer ingredients to a zip-lock bag and allow to chill in the fridge.
- Next, make your pancake mix by mixing all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl using a whisk.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-low and add a few tsp of coconut oil. When the skillet is hot, pour 1/2 cup of the batter onto it, using your spatula to spread it out.
- Remove the cinnamon filling from the fridge and squeeze the mixture into one bottom corner of the bag. Use scissors to carefully cut the corner of this bag.
- Squeeze the cinnamon filling onto the cooking pancake in a swirl pattern, starting in the middle and going outward, being careful not to get too close to the edge. This does not have to be perfect for the pancakes to be delicious; the swirl can take some getting used to!
- Cook on medium-low until bubbles appear in the middle of the pancake and the edges get a little dry. Use your spatula to carefully flip the pancake. Allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Wipe your skillet and repeat this process with another 1/2 cup of batter. You should have around 4-5 large pancakes total.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, simply mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl with a hand or stand mixer. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve!
- To serve, drizzle each plate of pancakes with the cream cheese frosting and enjoy the hell out of it!
If you liked this recipe, we know you’ll LOVE our upcoming e-cookbook – available for pre-order right MEOW! 🙂